PHOENIX — A Southwest flight from Phoenix headed to San Francisco was diverted Monday after the pilot reported a mechanical issue.
The airline said Flight 346 landed safely in San Jose after the pilot reported the issue, along with possible smoke in the cockpit.
There were 176 people aboard, including six crew members.
Southwest said it was working with flyers to get them to their final destination.
The plane was taken out of service for further inspection. The airline did not specify what caused the problem.
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Boy, 13, charged with attempted murder of teen neighbor in Phoenix
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle