PHOENIX — A Southwest flight from Phoenix headed to San Francisco was diverted Monday after the pilot reported a mechanical issue.
The airline said Flight 346 landed safely in San Jose after the pilot reported the issue, along with possible smoke in the cockpit.
There were 176 people aboard, including six crew members.
Southwest said it was working with flyers to get them to their final destination.
The plane was taken out of service for further inspection. The airline did not specify what caused the problem.
- Six haunted spots to grab a Halloween bite in the Phoenix area
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade
- Main Street Minute: Breakfast chain opens 2nd Phoenix spot
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights
- Off Central: Guitar-making school puts Phoenix on musical maps