PHOENIX — A Southwest flight from Phoenix headed to San Francisco was diverted Monday after the pilot reported a mechanical issue.
The airline said Flight 346 landed safely in San Jose after the pilot reported the issue, along with possible smoke in the cockpit.
There were 176 people aboard, including six crew members.
Southwest said it was working with flyers to get them to their final destination.
The plane was taken out of service for further inspection. The airline did not specify what caused the problem.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally
- Phoenix police chief gives officers A+ for conduct during Trump rally protest