PHOENIX — A Southwest flight from Phoenix headed to San Francisco was diverted Monday after the pilot reported a mechanical issue.
The airline said Flight 346 landed safely in San Jose after the pilot reported the issue, along with possible smoke in the cockpit.
There were 176 people aboard, including six crew members.
Southwest said it was working with flyers to get them to their final destination.
The plane was taken out of service for further inspection. The airline did not specify what caused the problem.
- Phoenix Madison Square Garden once the center for events in the Valley
- Phoenix-area group donates food-filled backpacks to hungry schoolkids
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound
- Carroll Shelby’s 1966 Shelby GT to be put up for auction in Scottsdale
- Number of construction projects at Phoenix-area hotels on the rise