PHOENIX — A Southwest flight from Phoenix headed to San Francisco was diverted Monday after the pilot reported a mechanical issue.
The airline said Flight 346 landed safely in San Jose after the pilot reported the issue, along with possible smoke in the cockpit.
There were 176 people aboard, including six crew members.
Southwest said it was working with flyers to get them to their final destination.
The plane was taken out of service for further inspection. The airline did not specify what caused the problem.
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Phoenix pastor meets with Pence, Ivanka Trump at White House
- Ex-Phoenix Fire captain gets prison in sexual assault case