PHOENIX — A panel of local business leaders and lawmakers spent part of Tuesday morning at Arizona State University discussing the economic benefits of immigration reform.
As Congress went on recess at the end of last week without passing an immigration bill, President of AT&T Arizona Jerry Fuentes said it is all the more reason for business leaders to ramp up calls for reform.
“This is our opportunity to start getting louder about the issue and stay loud,” he said.
The issue of immigration reform is important to businesses Fuentes said, and having a broken system is costing the state and country.
“It means jobs, it means investments, it really means growing our businesses.”
Without taking a partisan stance on what the best reform would be, Fuentes did say it would likely include a combination of securing the border and creating pathways to citizenship.
Fuentes added immigration affects both big and small business and it is time to see reform.
“We need a solution, this is too important for the business community to sit back and do nothing,” he said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development