PHOENIX — The Veterans Administration’s health care system in Phoenix has a new acting director.
Glenn Costie was named to the post Friday, the agency said in a press release.
“Mr. Costie will provide exceptional leadership to the Phoenix VA health care system during this extremely important time,” said Joe Dalpiaz, acting director for Veterans Integrated Service Network 18.
Costie replaces former Director Sharon Helman, who was fired by former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki in the midst of a scandal surrounding extensive wait times for primary care.
Costie made the move to Phoenix from Dayton, Ohio, where he served as the director of the VA Medical Center since 2011.
He will take his new position on July 9.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier