PHOENIX — The Veterans Administration’s health care system in Phoenix has a new acting director.
Glenn Costie was named to the post Friday, the agency said in a press release.
“Mr. Costie will provide exceptional leadership to the Phoenix VA health care system during this extremely important time,” said Joe Dalpiaz, acting director for Veterans Integrated Service Network 18.
Costie replaces former Director Sharon Helman, who was fired by former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki in the midst of a scandal surrounding extensive wait times for primary care.
Costie made the move to Phoenix from Dayton, Ohio, where he served as the director of the VA Medical Center since 2011.
He will take his new position on July 9.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food