PHOENIX — Several Valley freeways will be either closed or restricted this weekend. Drivers should plan for extra drive time or to use other routes.
Northbound Interstate 17 will be down to one lane near Dunlap Avenue from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday for pavement-improvement work.
Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Olive and Northern avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for the installation of traffic-flow equipment. The southbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Peoria and Olive avenues will close at 9 p.m. Friday and will reopen when the freeway does.
The State Route 51 HOV lanes will be closed between Interstate 10 and Glendale Avenue from 11 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for maintenance. The HOV-lane ramps between SR 51 and Interstate 10 will also be closed at this time.
Eastbound I-10 will be down to three lanes between 83rd and 75th avenues from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for pavement repairs.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains