PHOENIX — Several Valley freeways will be either closed or restricted this weekend. Drivers should plan for extra drive time or to use other routes.
Northbound Interstate 17 will be down to one lane near Dunlap Avenue from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday for pavement-improvement work.
Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Olive and Northern avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for the installation of traffic-flow equipment. The southbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Peoria and Olive avenues will close at 9 p.m. Friday and will reopen when the freeway does.
The State Route 51 HOV lanes will be closed between Interstate 10 and Glendale Avenue from 11 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for maintenance. The HOV-lane ramps between SR 51 and Interstate 10 will also be closed at this time.
Eastbound I-10 will be down to three lanes between 83rd and 75th avenues from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for pavement repairs.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck