PHOENIX — Several Valley freeways will be either closed or restricted this weekend. Drivers should plan for extra drive time or to use other routes.
Northbound Interstate 17 will be down to one lane near Dunlap Avenue from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday for pavement-improvement work.
Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Olive and Northern avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for the installation of traffic-flow equipment. The southbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Peoria and Olive avenues will close at 9 p.m. Friday and will reopen when the freeway does.
The State Route 51 HOV lanes will be closed between Interstate 10 and Glendale Avenue from 11 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for maintenance. The HOV-lane ramps between SR 51 and Interstate 10 will also be closed at this time.
Eastbound I-10 will be down to three lanes between 83rd and 75th avenues from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for pavement repairs.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon