PHOENIX — Police are searching for a suspected bank robber who has been on the run since early March.
Silent Witness described the suspect as a black male, 6-foot-2, medium build with short dark hair.
The man allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of money from the Canyon State Credit Union in Goodyear at 1270 N. Dysart Road.
“He goes into the bank, he goes right to the teller, hands her a note demanding money and then takes off,” Silent Witness Sgt. Darren Burch said. “We’re looking at a bank robber who has probably done this before and will continue doing this.”
Witnesses told police they saw the suspect leave the bank and head towards a home-improvement store.
Once inside the suspect changed his clothing according to Burch. He said he believes that is the reason why police did not catch the suspect.
Video surveillance footage from local businesses captured footage of the suspect leaving the scene. Burch described the car as a red Nissan Cube or a red Scion.
Based off the man’s composure during and after the alleged crime, police believe he is an experienced bank robber and they are worried he could rob another bank soon.
Burch warned Valley residents and bank tellers to follow the man’s demands.
“You want to comply and stay out of harm’s way,” Burch said. “You want to protect yourself at all cost. It’s a situation where you don’t want to escalate violence. You want to comply with his demands and let police catch the bad guy.”
Police urge the public with any information about the crime to contact Silent Witness at 480-W-I-T-N-E-S-S.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas