PHOENIX — Police are searching for a suspected bank robber who has been on the run since early March.
Silent Witness described the suspect as a black male, 6-foot-2, medium build with short dark hair.
The man allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of money from the Canyon State Credit Union in Goodyear at 1270 N. Dysart Road.
“He goes into the bank, he goes right to the teller, hands her a note demanding money and then takes off,” Silent Witness Sgt. Darren Burch said. “We’re looking at a bank robber who has probably done this before and will continue doing this.”
Witnesses told police they saw the suspect leave the bank and head towards a home-improvement store.
Once inside the suspect changed his clothing according to Burch. He said he believes that is the reason why police did not catch the suspect.
Video surveillance footage from local businesses captured footage of the suspect leaving the scene. Burch described the car as a red Nissan Cube or a red Scion.
Based off the man’s composure during and after the alleged crime, police believe he is an experienced bank robber and they are worried he could rob another bank soon.
Burch warned Valley residents and bank tellers to follow the man’s demands.
“You want to comply and stay out of harm’s way,” Burch said. “You want to protect yourself at all cost. It’s a situation where you don’t want to escalate violence. You want to comply with his demands and let police catch the bad guy.”
Police urge the public with any information about the crime to contact Silent Witness at 480-W-I-T-N-E-S-S.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon