PHOENIX — A benefit cookout will be held this week to help 34-year-old Phoenix Police Officer Scott Sefranka and 63-year-old Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Posse Member Phillip Grigg.
Both men were shot while struggling with robbery suspects in Phoenix last week.
The cookout — hosted by Police Chief Daniel Garcia, Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Phoenix Law Enforcement President Joe Clure — will raise money for the families of both men. Donations will be accepted at the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association Garage Grill on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
At last check, Sefranka and Grigg remained in critical condition at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. Over the weekend, Grigg’s wife, Elizabeth, told reporters he had undergone four surgeries.
On Dec. 31, Sefranka saw a vehicle matching the description involved in a robbery. While following the car, it crashed into a pickup truck driven by Grigg. Sefranka struggled with the suspect who reportedly shot him. Grigg tried to help and was also shot.
Police have arrested three men and are looking for one more suspect.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets