PHOENIX — A benefit cookout will be held this week to help 34-year-old Phoenix Police Officer Scott Sefranka and 63-year-old Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Posse Member Phillip Grigg.
Both men were shot while struggling with robbery suspects in Phoenix last week.
The cookout — hosted by Police Chief Daniel Garcia, Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Phoenix Law Enforcement President Joe Clure — will raise money for the families of both men. Donations will be accepted at the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association Garage Grill on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
At last check, Sefranka and Grigg remained in critical condition at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. Over the weekend, Grigg’s wife, Elizabeth, told reporters he had undergone four surgeries.
On Dec. 31, Sefranka saw a vehicle matching the description involved in a robbery. While following the car, it crashed into a pickup truck driven by Grigg. Sefranka struggled with the suspect who reportedly shot him. Grigg tried to help and was also shot.
Police have arrested three men and are looking for one more suspect.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon