PHOENIX — Phoenix Children’s Hospital was recently ranked as one of the top children’s hospitals in the country in five categories: Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Urology.
“[The] ranking shows the dedication and expertise that Phoenix Children’s brings to the care of children who need those qualities the most,” said Editor of Health Rankings, Avery Comarow in a release. “We think it is important to identify and call attention to pediatric centers like this one.”
Based on information gathered by U.S. News, 75 percent of each hospital’s standing was determined by pediatric care data within the hospital and patient outcome. The remaining factor in deciding each hospital’s ranking was based on two surveys: a clinical survey sent to hospitals and a survey of specialists and subspecialist in each pediatric specialty. About 1,500 physicians were asked to choose which hospitals they would send the sickest children in their specialty.
“It’s very gratifying to be listed among the best children’s hospitals across the country,” said Robert L. Meyer, President and CEO of PCH. “I offer sincere congratulations to the entire staff and physicians at the hospital for their role in achieving this milestone. We’re delighted ‘U.S. News & World Report’ has recognized our outstanding team again this year.”
The complete, official list of hospitals rankings is set to be released this coming August in U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014 guidebook.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon