The Arizona Department of Transportation announced there will be multiple lane and ramp closures on the freeways around the Phoenix-area July 15-18.
Drivers should allow for extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes when planning on using any freeways this weekend.
The scheduled projects around the Phoenix-area are thus:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between McKellips and Chaparral roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Both ramps from Loop 202 to northbound Loop 101, and the northbound 101 on-ramp at Rio Salado Parkway will be closed as well. Northbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 will be open, but there is expected to be heavy traffic backups.
- Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Cooper Road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, July 15, to 10 p.m. Friday, July 22.
Additional information about the freeway restrictions can be found at azdot.gov, under ADOT News.
- Arizona education gets low marks on annual report card
- Schweikert aggravated with Senate as government shutdown looms
- Arizona attorney general, truckers take human trafficking fight to road
- Arizona car registration fee boost proposed to end raid on road cash
- Kelli Ward faces tough primary, says former state GOP Chairman