The Arizona Department of Transportation announced there will be multiple lane and ramp closures on the freeways around the Phoenix-area July 15-18.
Drivers should allow for extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes when planning on using any freeways this weekend.
The scheduled projects around the Phoenix-area are thus:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between McKellips and Chaparral roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Both ramps from Loop 202 to northbound Loop 101, and the northbound 101 on-ramp at Rio Salado Parkway will be closed as well. Northbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 will be open, but there is expected to be heavy traffic backups.
- Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Cooper Road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, July 15, to 10 p.m. Friday, July 22.
Additional information about the freeway restrictions can be found at azdot.gov, under ADOT News.
- Southbound I-17 near downtown Phoenix reopens after crash
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless