The Arizona Department of Transportation announced there will be multiple lane and ramp closures on the freeways around the Phoenix-area July 15-18.
Drivers should allow for extra travel time, use caution and consider alternate routes when planning on using any freeways this weekend.
The scheduled projects around the Phoenix-area are thus:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between McKellips and Chaparral roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Both ramps from Loop 202 to northbound Loop 101, and the northbound 101 on-ramp at Rio Salado Parkway will be closed as well. Northbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 will be open, but there is expected to be heavy traffic backups.
- Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Cooper Road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, July 15, to 10 p.m. Friday, July 22.
Additional information about the freeway restrictions can be found at azdot.gov, under ADOT News.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Southern Arizona county sees spike in hepatitis A cases
- 1 dead in crash on 99th Avenue near Interstate 10 in West Valley
- Check out Google’s top autocomplete suggestions for Arizona
- Report: Arizona medical helicopter was going fast before fatal 2015 crash
- Deals on holiday flights are ‘few and far between’ for Arizonans