Salvation Army providing free water to beat the heat
PHOENIX -- Beating the summer heat may be a formidable task in the Valley, but the Salvation Army is putting up a fight by providing hydration stations today and Wednesday.
With temperatures expected to reach at least 112 degrees, each location will offer free chilled bottled water and information for individuals in or potentially in heat distress both days until 2 p.m.
Hydration stations are located at:
• Southwest corner of 16th and Jefferson streets (East Lake Park)
• Northeast corner of Third Avenue and Fillmore Street
• 35th Avenue and Roosevelt Street (Falcon Park)
• Southwest corner of Fifth Street and Hatcher Road
Salvation Army Corps locations:
• Phoenix Central Corps: 4343 N. 16th St.
• Phoenix Maryvale Corps: 4318 W. Clarendon Ave.
• Glendale Corps: 6010 W. Northern Ave.
• Chandler Corps: 85 E. Saragosa St.
• Mesa Corps: 241 E. Sixth St.
• Tempe Corps: 40 E. University Drive