PHOENIX — A new barbecue restaurant has just opened its doors in Phoenix, but one manager is already eyeing some plans for expansion.
Hog Wild Pit BBQ, a Kansas-based barbecue chain, opened its doors near Thomas Road and 40th Street this week. The restaurant is best known for its smoked meats that are pulled all day long.
The Phoenix location will sit slightly fewer than 100 people.
The chain has 15 locations in Kansas. Though the one in Phoenix just opened, one manager said he can see Hog Wild Pit BBQ locations popping up all over the metro area.
“We have six locations in Wichita, and there’s only half a million (people) in Wichita,” General Manager Dean Havas told the Phoenix Business Journal. “So can the Valley handle 10, 11, 12, or 18 more locations? Absolutely.”
Havas may have a point. Over the past years, the Phoenix area has become home to some barbecue joints that are continuously ranked among the best in the country.
Little Miss BBQ — ranked among the best by Gayot, Thrillist and Yelp — typically receives the most accolades, but other spots, such as Bobby Q and Joe’s Real BBQ, tend to come up in the conversation as well.
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Eight Phoenix spots to celebrate National Pepperoni Pizza Day