PHOENIX — New ownership will keep the good times rolling at a popular downtown Tempe piano bar that was set to close in a couple weeks.
The Big Bang announced it was closing in a Saturday Facebook post but did not disclose why.
“We will be renaming it (Rock City),” said new co-owner Andrew Walter, adding the spelling would be stylized to Rck City.
Walter said Rck Cty will keep the “laid-back” feel of the Big Bang alive, but with some improvements.
“We are going to have a kitchen,” he said. “We will have pizza and subs and breadsticks and things like that. It’s basically going to be called a nightclub and pizzeria.”
Calling the relaunch a “fresh face” on the current bar, Walter said it’s going to offer an array of musical entertainment.
“We are going to do live music, full band,” he said. “Karaoke is another thing we’re going to do.”
And yes, dueling pianos are part of the plan.
“Right now, I know we’re going to have the dueling pianos on Tuesday nights,” he said.
There’s no timetable for the opening.
The Big Bang, part of a small chain based in Tennessee, opened its doors in 2003. The chain’s original location, St. Louis, closed last year. Other Big Bangs are located in Nashville and Columbus, Ohio. Another location is scheduled to open in Cleveland in 2015, according to the bar’s website.
KTAR’s Corbin Carson contributed to this report.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick