PHOENIX — Valley wildlife took a beating during Tuesday’s storms.
However, one baby skunk got a new lease on life after being rescued while floating down a street in Surprise, Ariz.
“He was coming, tumbling down the street, this little white and black ball of fur,” Kim Carr, Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center’s senior keeper, said.
According to Carr, the skunk, named Monsoon, was on the brink of death when residents who rescued the animal called the conservation center.
“They knew this little guy needed help.” Carr said. “They scooped him up and brought him in their house, called Southwest Wildlife and they brought him out. He’s pretty dehydrated and he had quite a story to tell.”
The center immediately began treating the animal Wednesday morning.
“He was kind of in bad shape this morning so we gave him some fluids,” she said.
Monsoon is doing well and resting up at the conservation center in north Scottsdale.
A mule deer fawn was also rescued from the flooding. It was not named.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon