PHOENIX — Valley wildlife took a beating during Tuesday’s storms.
However, one baby skunk got a new lease on life after being rescued while floating down a street in Surprise, Ariz.
“He was coming, tumbling down the street, this little white and black ball of fur,” Kim Carr, Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center’s senior keeper, said.
According to Carr, the skunk, named Monsoon, was on the brink of death when residents who rescued the animal called the conservation center.
“They knew this little guy needed help.” Carr said. “They scooped him up and brought him in their house, called Southwest Wildlife and they brought him out. He’s pretty dehydrated and he had quite a story to tell.”
The center immediately began treating the animal Wednesday morning.
“He was kind of in bad shape this morning so we gave him some fluids,” she said.
Monsoon is doing well and resting up at the conservation center in north Scottsdale.
A mule deer fawn was also rescued from the flooding. It was not named.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night