PHOENIX — Valley wildlife took a beating during Tuesday’s storms.
However, one baby skunk got a new lease on life after being rescued while floating down a street in Surprise, Ariz.
“He was coming, tumbling down the street, this little white and black ball of fur,” Kim Carr, Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center’s senior keeper, said.
According to Carr, the skunk, named Monsoon, was on the brink of death when residents who rescued the animal called the conservation center.
“They knew this little guy needed help.” Carr said. “They scooped him up and brought him in their house, called Southwest Wildlife and they brought him out. He’s pretty dehydrated and he had quite a story to tell.”
The center immediately began treating the animal Wednesday morning.
“He was kind of in bad shape this morning so we gave him some fluids,” she said.
Monsoon is doing well and resting up at the conservation center in north Scottsdale.
A mule deer fawn was also rescued from the flooding. It was not named.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier