PHOENIX — A Peoria woman has been arrested on child abuse charges after allegedly leaving her toddler in the car while she was asleep inside a house.
Between 9 p.m. and 10:14 p.m. Monday night, Chanelle Marie Fatali, 25, left her 2-year-old daughter in a parked car at her residence at 29398 N. 67th Drive. The vehicle’s air conditioner was on, but Fatali was found inside the residence, asleep.
When police arrived, they found the toddler unharmed in the unlocked car.
“She was a little warm, she had a dirty diaper, but otherwise, she was in good health,” said Amanda Jacinto of the Peoria Police Department.
Fatali told authorities that she had no idea what happened.
“When officers asked her what happened, she remembered picking her daughter up from day care earlier that day, but she does not remember placing that child back in the car or leaving the child in the car.”
The 2-year-old is currently with a family member.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them