PHOENIX — A Peoria woman has been arrested on child abuse charges after allegedly leaving her toddler in the car while she was asleep inside a house.
Between 9 p.m. and 10:14 p.m. Monday night, Chanelle Marie Fatali, 25, left her 2-year-old daughter in a parked car at her residence at 29398 N. 67th Drive. The vehicle’s air conditioner was on, but Fatali was found inside the residence, asleep.
When police arrived, they found the toddler unharmed in the unlocked car.
“She was a little warm, she had a dirty diaper, but otherwise, she was in good health,” said Amanda Jacinto of the Peoria Police Department.
Fatali told authorities that she had no idea what happened.
“When officers asked her what happened, she remembered picking her daughter up from day care earlier that day, but she does not remember placing that child back in the car or leaving the child in the car.”
The 2-year-old is currently with a family member.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck