PHOENIX — Tesla Motors is continuing to reduce the “range anxiety” of its customers with a new supercharging station in Arizona.
The company announced last week it has opened a charging station on West Pima Street in Gila Bend that gives Tesla Model S drivers a major connection into California.
According to the company, the station along Interstate 8 can be coupled with the already available Yuma, Ariz. station, to allow drivers a connection from either Phoenix or Tucson to San Diego.
The purpose of the superchargers is for distance travel allowing drivers roughly three hours of driving time, then about 20 to 30 minute of charging time, according to Tesla’s website.
The stations are designed to give drivers about a half charge during those 20 minute breaks.
Having a network of charging stations can greatly reduce consumer concerns about running out of battery while attempting long-distance travel, much like gas stations for traditional cars. So far, Tesla Motors has 94 charging stations in North America designed only for Tesla vehicles.
The company expects to continue to introduce more stations as part of a company plan to cover 98 percent of the U.S. population by 2015.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development