PHOENIX — Tempe is reportedly one of the top cities attracting young workers in the nation.
When it comes to attracting 20-somethings, the Tempe campus of Arizona State University is a big draw, but spokesperson Nikki Ripley says Tempe offers plenty to keep them there after graduation.
“We have a lot of employers that provide great options for twenty-something people,” she said. “We’ve got Edward Jones, Insight, Wells Fargo and First Solar.”
Ripley said the city’s transit network and recreation options are also attractive.
“If you’re a triathlete, a more casual runner, if you enjoy boating, there’s Town Lake, so Tempe really presents the whole package. Not to mention the nightlife on Mill Avenue.”
USA Today ranked Tempe 12th when it comes to cities that attract young workers. The paper compared census data and found 289 cities that have more 20-to-29-year-olds than teens. The national ratio is 103 per 100 teens. In Tempe, it’s 207 per 100 teens.
According to the article, Arlington, Va. is the biggest magnet for young workers with 344 20-somethings for every 100 teens. Cambridge, Mass. ranks second with 303 per 100 teens followed by Alexandria, Va. with 284.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier