PHOENIX — Tempe is reportedly one of the top cities attracting young workers in the nation.
When it comes to attracting 20-somethings, the Tempe campus of Arizona State University is a big draw, but spokesperson Nikki Ripley says Tempe offers plenty to keep them there after graduation.
“We have a lot of employers that provide great options for twenty-something people,” she said. “We’ve got Edward Jones, Insight, Wells Fargo and First Solar.”
Ripley said the city’s transit network and recreation options are also attractive.
“If you’re a triathlete, a more casual runner, if you enjoy boating, there’s Town Lake, so Tempe really presents the whole package. Not to mention the nightlife on Mill Avenue.”
USA Today ranked Tempe 12th when it comes to cities that attract young workers. The paper compared census data and found 289 cities that have more 20-to-29-year-olds than teens. The national ratio is 103 per 100 teens. In Tempe, it’s 207 per 100 teens.
According to the article, Arlington, Va. is the biggest magnet for young workers with 344 20-somethings for every 100 teens. Cambridge, Mass. ranks second with 303 per 100 teens followed by Alexandria, Va. with 284.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them