PHOENIX — East Valley organizers are planning a big concert this Thursday to honor Arizona’s heroes.
Country singer Russ Marsh, who recently won the Utah Entertainer of the Year award, will headline the Arizona Herofest concert at the Higley Center for the Performing Arts in Gilbert.
The proceeds from the event will benefit the House of Heroes Arizona, which assists Arizona’s police and military personnel who have become physically challenged.
“If there’s a financial need, or if they need some ramps install in their home, minor home repairs, or revisions to their property, we go in,” Janet Rogers of House of Heroes Arizona said. We evaluate it for them. If we can take care of it, we find the volunteers and contractors that assist us to do that, free of charge for the homeowner.”
Event co-organizer Lynette Clemens told KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend Show that organizers are hoping to raise a lot of money with the show.
“We are hoping for $10,000. We’d feel really good with that,” she said.
Tickets are prices at $20, $25, and $30. For more information on the concert go here.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments