PHOENIX — East Valley organizers are planning a big concert this Thursday to honor Arizona’s heroes.
Country singer Russ Marsh, who recently won the Utah Entertainer of the Year award, will headline the Arizona Herofest concert at the Higley Center for the Performing Arts in Gilbert.
The proceeds from the event will benefit the House of Heroes Arizona, which assists Arizona’s police and military personnel who have become physically challenged.
“If there’s a financial need, or if they need some ramps install in their home, minor home repairs, or revisions to their property, we go in,” Janet Rogers of House of Heroes Arizona said. We evaluate it for them. If we can take care of it, we find the volunteers and contractors that assist us to do that, free of charge for the homeowner.”
Event co-organizer Lynette Clemens told KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend Show that organizers are hoping to raise a lot of money with the show.
“We are hoping for $10,000. We’d feel really good with that,” she said.
Tickets are prices at $20, $25, and $30. For more information on the concert go here.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains