PHOENIX — East Valley organizers are planning a big concert this Thursday to honor Arizona’s heroes.
Country singer Russ Marsh, who recently won the Utah Entertainer of the Year award, will headline the Arizona Herofest concert at the Higley Center for the Performing Arts in Gilbert.
The proceeds from the event will benefit the House of Heroes Arizona, which assists Arizona’s police and military personnel who have become physically challenged.
“If there’s a financial need, or if they need some ramps install in their home, minor home repairs, or revisions to their property, we go in,” Janet Rogers of House of Heroes Arizona said. We evaluate it for them. If we can take care of it, we find the volunteers and contractors that assist us to do that, free of charge for the homeowner.”
Event co-organizer Lynette Clemens told KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend Show that organizers are hoping to raise a lot of money with the show.
“We are hoping for $10,000. We’d feel really good with that,” she said.
Tickets are prices at $20, $25, and $30. For more information on the concert go here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development