PHOENIX — East Valley organizers are planning a big concert this Thursday to honor Arizona’s heroes.
Country singer Russ Marsh, who recently won the Utah Entertainer of the Year award, will headline the Arizona Herofest concert at the Higley Center for the Performing Arts in Gilbert.
The proceeds from the event will benefit the House of Heroes Arizona, which assists Arizona’s police and military personnel who have become physically challenged.
“If there’s a financial need, or if they need some ramps install in their home, minor home repairs, or revisions to their property, we go in,” Janet Rogers of House of Heroes Arizona said. We evaluate it for them. If we can take care of it, we find the volunteers and contractors that assist us to do that, free of charge for the homeowner.”
Event co-organizer Lynette Clemens told KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend Show that organizers are hoping to raise a lot of money with the show.
“We are hoping for $10,000. We’d feel really good with that,” she said.
Tickets are prices at $20, $25, and $30. For more information on the concert go here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier