PHOENIX — For the first time in its history, Maricopa County has reached a record of 2 million registered voters, according to a recent press release.
The county surpassed the mark on Tuesday, making it the third highest in the country for voter registration rates. Maricopa trails behind Los Angeles County in California and Harris County in Texas.
Registered county Republicans and Democrats can participate in the upcoming Presidential Preference Election on March 22, 2016.
All registered voters will get the opportunity to head to the polls in the Primary Election on Aug. 30, 2016 then again during the General Election on Nov. 8, 2016.
- Arizona court upholds car-rental tax surcharge for sports facilities
- Three dead, one hurt after car crashes into pedestrians in Fountain Hills
- Arizona Senate OKs GOP plan to revamp redistricting panel
- Live results of Arizona special primary election to replace Franks
- Arizona resolution that would have allowed teen legislators fails to pass