PHOENIX — For the first time in its history, Maricopa County has reached a record of 2 million registered voters, according to a recent press release.
The county surpassed the mark on Tuesday, making it the third highest in the country for voter registration rates. Maricopa trails behind Los Angeles County in California and Harris County in Texas.
Registered county Republicans and Democrats can participate in the upcoming Presidential Preference Election on March 22, 2016.
All registered voters will get the opportunity to head to the polls in the Primary Election on Aug. 30, 2016 then again during the General Election on Nov. 8, 2016.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Report: 90 percent of Maricopa County shelter animals find new homes
- Arizona homeowners associations foreclosing thousands of houses
- Former Arizona AG: MCSO posses do positive things but pose problems
- Maricopa County earmarks $1M for payouts in Arpaio lawsuit