PHOENIX — For the first time in its history, Maricopa County has reached a record of 2 million registered voters, according to a recent press release.
The county surpassed the mark on Tuesday, making it the third highest in the country for voter registration rates. Maricopa trails behind Los Angeles County in California and Harris County in Texas.
Registered county Republicans and Democrats can participate in the upcoming Presidential Preference Election on March 22, 2016.
All registered voters will get the opportunity to head to the polls in the Primary Election on Aug. 30, 2016 then again during the General Election on Nov. 8, 2016.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Latino voters in Arizona, other states to join suit over 2020 Census
- Think Tank explores: What really happened in this year’s election?
- Arizona secretary of state-elect sees teamwork as key to smooth elections
- It’s officially over: Top Arizona officials certify November election results
- Health insurance open enrollment slow so far in Arizona