PHOENIX — The holidays are slow times for Valley hotels.
“Most people spend time at home with their families during the holidays,” said Kristen Jarnagin with the Arizona Lodging and Tourism Association.
But she said the upcoming Fiesta and Buffalo Wild Wings bowl games will give hotels a boost.
“The bowl games always book hotels because they have contracts to do so,” Jarnagin said. “The good thing is, because of the bowl games, there are guaranteed hotel sales.”
Jarnagin said hotel reservations are filling up, but there are still bargains for resorts.
“I’ve seen them from the Montelucia and Princess resorts starting at $129 a night,” said Jarnagin.
She said good deals can be found by checking travel
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night