PHOENIX — The holidays are slow times for Valley hotels.
“Most people spend time at home with their families during the holidays,” said Kristen Jarnagin with the Arizona Lodging and Tourism Association.
But she said the upcoming Fiesta and Buffalo Wild Wings bowl games will give hotels a boost.
“The bowl games always book hotels because they have contracts to do so,” Jarnagin said. “The good thing is, because of the bowl games, there are guaranteed hotel sales.”
Jarnagin said hotel reservations are filling up, but there are still bargains for resorts.
“I’ve seen them from the Montelucia and Princess resorts starting at $129 a night,” said Jarnagin.
She said good deals can be found by checking travel
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths