The housing market in Maricopa is unlike any other in the state, with more people buying and flipping residences.
According to Business Insider, the city of Maricopa has seen a 140 percent year-over-year increase for housing permits.
They also are seeing houses being bought and then re-listed at higher prices, some within as short as six months.
Maricopa, which has a population of 45,000, has over a 37 percent year-over-year increase, according to Zillow’s home value index.
There has been an abundant of homes for sales in the city, which is a 40 minute drive from Phoenix. There has been 1,500 sales in the past 12 months.
The surge of home sales in Phoenix is coming from cash-rich investors and second-home buyers, essentially driven by non-Phoenicians.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns