The housing market in Maricopa is unlike any other in the state, with more people buying and flipping residences.
According to Business Insider, the city of Maricopa has seen a 140 percent year-over-year increase for housing permits.
They also are seeing houses being bought and then re-listed at higher prices, some within as short as six months.
Maricopa, which has a population of 45,000, has over a 37 percent year-over-year increase, according to Zillow’s home value index.
There has been an abundant of homes for sales in the city, which is a 40 minute drive from Phoenix. There has been 1,500 sales in the past 12 months.
The surge of home sales in Phoenix is coming from cash-rich investors and second-home buyers, essentially driven by non-Phoenicians.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered