PHOENIX — Airlines have waived the fees on flights grounded by superstorm Sandy and travelers have until Nov. 4 to rebook without paying a penalty.
Stephanie Dembowski with AAA Arizona said the deadline could be extended because it could take several days to get airports up and running after Sandy moves through.
Dozens of flights headed to the East Coast from Phoenix Sky Harbor have been delayed or canceled because of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said there were flight cancellations Monday to and from Boston, Baltimore, New York City, Washington, and Newark, N.J.
Sky Harbor’s two major carriers — US Airways and Southwest — canceled at least 30 departures between them Monday. Combined, the airlines offer more than 400 daily flights from Phoenix.
Tempe-based US Airways said it has canceled all Tuesday flights to and from 22 East Coast airports for a second day. The airports include Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Washington.
Travelers should monitor flight schedules, airline websites and Twitter feeds.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon