PHOENIX — Airlines have waived the fees on flights grounded by superstorm Sandy and travelers have until Nov. 4 to rebook without paying a penalty.
Stephanie Dembowski with AAA Arizona said the deadline could be extended because it could take several days to get airports up and running after Sandy moves through.
Dozens of flights headed to the East Coast from Phoenix Sky Harbor have been delayed or canceled because of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said there were flight cancellations Monday to and from Boston, Baltimore, New York City, Washington, and Newark, N.J.
Sky Harbor’s two major carriers — US Airways and Southwest — canceled at least 30 departures between them Monday. Combined, the airlines offer more than 400 daily flights from Phoenix.
Tempe-based US Airways said it has canceled all Tuesday flights to and from 22 East Coast airports for a second day. The airports include Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Washington.
Travelers should monitor flight schedules, airline websites and Twitter feeds.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments