PHOENIX — Airlines have waived the fees on flights grounded by superstorm Sandy and travelers have until Nov. 4 to rebook without paying a penalty.
Stephanie Dembowski with AAA Arizona said the deadline could be extended because it could take several days to get airports up and running after Sandy moves through.
Dozens of flights headed to the East Coast from Phoenix Sky Harbor have been delayed or canceled because of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said there were flight cancellations Monday to and from Boston, Baltimore, New York City, Washington, and Newark, N.J.
Sky Harbor’s two major carriers — US Airways and Southwest — canceled at least 30 departures between them Monday. Combined, the airlines offer more than 400 daily flights from Phoenix.
Tempe-based US Airways said it has canceled all Tuesday flights to and from 22 East Coast airports for a second day. The airports include Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Washington.
Travelers should monitor flight schedules, airline websites and Twitter feeds.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever