PHOENIX — Airlines have waived the fees on flights grounded by superstorm Sandy and travelers have until Nov. 4 to rebook without paying a penalty.
Stephanie Dembowski with AAA Arizona said the deadline could be extended because it could take several days to get airports up and running after Sandy moves through.
Dozens of flights headed to the East Coast from Phoenix Sky Harbor have been delayed or canceled because of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said there were flight cancellations Monday to and from Boston, Baltimore, New York City, Washington, and Newark, N.J.
Sky Harbor’s two major carriers — US Airways and Southwest — canceled at least 30 departures between them Monday. Combined, the airlines offer more than 400 daily flights from Phoenix.
Tempe-based US Airways said it has canceled all Tuesday flights to and from 22 East Coast airports for a second day. The airports include Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Washington.
Travelers should monitor flight schedules, airline websites and Twitter feeds.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain