It’s summer in the Valley, meaning many workers’ minds begin to drift to cooler locations and some much-needed time off.
But then pop up the concerns of money, time away and the dread of coming back to a small mountain of work waiting. What about the worries over the allotted vacation time or the sometimes insane costs incurred while trying to enjoy some time off?
A cloud-sourced address book company, FullContact, is solving all those problems. The company not only encourages employees to disconnect while out of the office, but it will pay them $7,500 to do so.
The company refers to the idea as a paid, paid vacation. Basically, employees are encouraged to take great vacations and not focus on work. They are not allowed to check-in on any manner and, in order to receive the vacation funds, have to go on a vacation. The bonus is in addition to their normal salary, which does grant vacation days.
There is no limit to how employees use the funds. According to FullContact, “Different strokes for different folks. Some people are single. Some people have families. People decompress in different ways.”
The company, with a little tongue-in-cheek attitude, posted that it is hiring at the conclusion of the article.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier