It’s summer in the Valley, meaning many workers’ minds begin to drift to cooler locations and some much-needed time off.
But then pop up the concerns of money, time away and the dread of coming back to a small mountain of work waiting. What about the worries over the allotted vacation time or the sometimes insane costs incurred while trying to enjoy some time off?
A cloud-sourced address book company, FullContact, is solving all those problems. The company not only encourages employees to disconnect while out of the office, but it will pay them $7,500 to do so.
The company refers to the idea as a paid, paid vacation. Basically, employees are encouraged to take great vacations and not focus on work. They are not allowed to check-in on any manner and, in order to receive the vacation funds, have to go on a vacation. The bonus is in addition to their normal salary, which does grant vacation days.
There is no limit to how employees use the funds. According to FullContact, “Different strokes for different folks. Some people are single. Some people have families. People decompress in different ways.”
The company, with a little tongue-in-cheek attitude, posted that it is hiring at the conclusion of the article.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match