It’s summer in the Valley, meaning many workers’ minds begin to drift to cooler locations and some much-needed time off.
But then pop up the concerns of money, time away and the dread of coming back to a small mountain of work waiting. What about the worries over the allotted vacation time or the sometimes insane costs incurred while trying to enjoy some time off?
A cloud-sourced address book company, FullContact, is solving all those problems. The company not only encourages employees to disconnect while out of the office, but it will pay them $7,500 to do so.
The company refers to the idea as a paid, paid vacation. Basically, employees are encouraged to take great vacations and not focus on work. They are not allowed to check-in on any manner and, in order to receive the vacation funds, have to go on a vacation. The bonus is in addition to their normal salary, which does grant vacation days.
There is no limit to how employees use the funds. According to FullContact, “Different strokes for different folks. Some people are single. Some people have families. People decompress in different ways.”
The company, with a little tongue-in-cheek attitude, posted that it is hiring at the conclusion of the article.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development