PHOENIX — A 14-year-old boy was arrested after using social media to warn his friends not to attend Queen Creek High School on Tuesday.
The warning, intimating there might be a bombing or shooting, was all a hoax according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
No one was injured and the school was not endangered.
The boy was charged for unlawful conduct resulting in a false impression of a harmful act, a class 4 felony.
He was taken to a juvenile detention facility.
- Parents, advocates rally after Queen Creek High loses five to suicide
- Six people, including two children, injured in Queen Creek crash
- Rhema Soul Cuisine moving from Queen Creek to Phoenix
- Japan public TV sends mistaken North Korean missile alert
- Odd lights in Phoenix-area sky prompt questions, UFO talk online