Lyft offers free rides for mammograms at Arizona Banner Health facilities
PHOENIX — Lyft is offering free rides for people getting mammograms at select Banner Health facilities in Arizona as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The ride-sharing service said it would provide round-trip transportation for up to 500 appointments in October.
Anybody wanting to take advantage of the offer should use the code BANNERAZ2018 in the Lyft app after making an appointment.
“At Banner Health, our mission is making health care easier, so life can be better,” Scott Nordlund, the Phoenix-based hospital group’s chief strategy and growth officer, said in a press release.
“We’re proud that we can live out our mission by providing these complimentary rides for women needing assistance.”
The offer is good for the following Arizona locations:
• Banner Baywood Medical Center Women’s Center (6644 E. Baywood Ave., Mesa).
• Banner MD Anderson Outpatient Imaging Center (2940 E. Banner Gateway Drive, Suite 150, Gilbert).
• Banner University Medical Center, Laura Dreier Breast Center (1111 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix).
• Banner Lakes Imaging Center, (Banner Boswell campus, 10474 W. Thunderbird Blvd., Suite 100, Sun City).
• Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center, Louisa Kellam Center for Women’s Health (14502 W. Meeker Blvd., Sun City West).
• Banner Health Center Peoria Medical Imaging (13640 N. Plaza Del Rio Blvd., Peoria).
• Banner Casa Grande Outpatient Imaging (1828 E. Florence Blvd., Building B, Suite 128, Casa Grande).
• Banner University Medicine Medical Imaging (4921 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson).
“We hope that by providing rides, we can remove any barriers to transportation, so passengers can make early detection a priority,” Drena Kusari, Lyft regional general manager, said in the release.