PHOENIX — Police say a man first attacked an Arizona Department of Public Safety car with his fists. Then he attacked the trooper with his own car before speeding away.
He did all of this naked, with his 4-year-old son in the car.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said they received a call about a man lying down in the median on Interstate 17 Sunday morning.
A trooper responded at about 8:15 a.m. on northbound I-17 where he parked behind a black BMW sedan.
Police say a nude man, who has been identified as Montrais Boyd Sr. of Westminster, California, rushed the trooper’s patrol car and began hitting it with his fists.
When the trooper drove a short distance away, Boyd is being accused of ramming into the car with his BMW, before fleeing the scene and crashing a short distance later.
Boyd and his 4-year-old son were taken to the Flagstaff Medical Center for minor injuries, police said. Both were treated, the Arizona Department of Child Safety picked up the boy to reunite him with his mother, while Boyd was booked into the Coconino County jail for aggravated assault with a dangerous instrument, felony endangerment, child abuse and criminal damage charges.
- Hot topic: This is why Phoenix sees such extreme heat in the summer
- Lyft reports threefold increase in rides over past year in Phoenix
- Live blog: Temperatures will drop a bit this week, let the applause begin
- Phoenix metro area sees increase in car thefts from a year ago
- Magazine calls Mexican eatery the “best 24-hour restaurant” in Arizona