Come and get it! Chicago pizzeria Gino’s East officially opens Phoenix location
PHOENIX — This may just be the news you need to get out of that Monday funk: Famed Chicago pizzeria Gino’s East has officially opened the doors on its first Phoenix location.
Ten percent of Monday’s proceeds will be donated to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Gino’s East has locations in Texas, Wisconsin and — of course — all across the Chicago area. Founded in 1966, the restaurant says its claim to fame is letting customers leave graffiti on the restaurants’ walls.
The Arizona location sits on the northeast corner of Indian School Road and 36th Street. The doors officially opened at 4 p.m.
It certainly won’t be the first staple of the Chicago culinary experience to make its way to the Valley: Chicago-style pizza restaurants, such as Lou Malnati’s and Giordano’s, have Phoenix-area locations.
Portillo’s, a hot-dog eatery, has locations in the Valley, too.
- Another build-your-own pizza chain to come to Phoenix area
- Food website ranks Phoenix pizzeria among best in the nation
- Fast-casual pizza chain Fired Pie to open Gilbert location this week
- Phoenix Pizza Festival to take place in downtown Phoenix on Nov. 18
- Chicago-style pizzeria Lou Malnati’s opens second Phoenix location