Season’s greetings! CitySkate returning to downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX — Phoenix’s only real outdoor ice rink will soon make its return for the holiday season.
CitySkate Outdoor Holiday Ice Rink is set to reopen in downtown Phoenix on Nov. 26. The popular skating surface annually takes over CityScape — located near Central Avenue and Washington Street — during the winter months.
As a result, Central Avenue will be closed until at least through CitySkate’s final day of operation on Jan 8, 2017.
A few things have changed at the rink since last season. Skating will now be broken into sessions to better ice conditions and traffic flow. In addition, guests will now be able to skip the line with a CityScape Express Pass, which can only be purchased online.
The rink will hold a grand opening event on Saturday to mark the beginning of the new season. The opening will feature live music, pictures with Santa, and a lighting ceremony for CitySkate’s 36-foot Christmas tree.
Tickets for normal skating hours can be purchased at the gate upon arrival. A full daily schedule for CitySkate can be found here.
- After near-record heat, Phoenix expected to drop below 90 next week
- Main Street Minute: High-tech defense company opens Phoenix center
- The Challenger Space Center to call Phoenix a temporary home
- Six haunted spots to grab a Halloween bite in the Phoenix area
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade