PEORIA, Ariz. — Two teenagers were shot in Peoria Wednesday night in the middle of what was reportedly an arranged exchange of items.
Peoria Public Information Officer Amanda Gaines said a 15-year-old and an 18-year-old were both shot in an area near North 75th Avenue and West Deer Valley Road.
Gaines said there is no active situation going on and the public isn’t in any danger. She also said that the 15-year-old was shot in one of his extremities and has a minor injury, while the 18-year-old was shot and has non-life-threatening injuries.
Both were transported to a local hospital.
Gaines said that it was a pre-arranged meeting between the two teens, as they had set it up through an online commerce exchange site.
Police don’t know a motive yet, but Gaines said they are investigating why the two were meeting in a dark area, while a lit-up convenience store was nearby.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Poll reveals support for LGBT inclusion in Arizona non-discrimination law
- Arizona family to appear on ‘Family Feud’ next week
- Kansas man bloody, naked before officer shot him in northern Arizona
- Phoenix hospital database aims to prevent seizures in kids with epilepsy