PEORIA, Ariz. — Two teenagers were shot in Peoria Wednesday night in the middle of what was reportedly an arranged exchange of items.
Peoria Public Information Officer Amanda Gaines said a 15-year-old and an 18-year-old were both shot in an area near North 75th Avenue and West Deer Valley Road.
Gaines said there is no active situation going on and the public isn’t in any danger. She also said that the 15-year-old was shot in one of his extremities and has a minor injury, while the 18-year-old was shot and has non-life-threatening injuries.
Both were transported to a local hospital.
Gaines said that it was a pre-arranged meeting between the two teens, as they had set it up through an online commerce exchange site.
Police don’t know a motive yet, but Gaines said they are investigating why the two were meeting in a dark area, while a lit-up convenience store was nearby.
- Arizona Legislature OKs ban on harassment secrecy pacts
- Feud erupts between utility, US states over Colorado River
- Air quality across Arizona has improved despite population increase
- Here is how Arizona school districts are preparing for teacher walkout
- Eastern Arizona wildfire balloons to more than 11,000 acres in size