Around 7:00 p.m. on Jan. 15, Phoenix Police were contacted by an agency in Illinois regarding information on a possible location of a missing 16-year-old female. The missing teenager was believed to be with her 24-yer-old boyfriend, Alexander O’Neil, but police learned the two did not know each other.
Officers discovered O’Neil’s vehicle around 9:15 p.m. near north 42nd Avenue and west Cactus Road.
Phoenix Police confronted the suspect’s parents through a locked iron gate outside the front door. Two gun shots were then heard from inside the house.
Officers entered the house and found the 16-year-old female shot, and O’Neil with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. O’Neil was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim was transported to the hospital where she is in critical condition, and is not expected to survive.
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned
- Salud! Mark National Margarita Day at these Phoenix-area spots