Around 7:00 p.m. on Jan. 15, Phoenix Police were contacted by an agency in Illinois regarding information on a possible location of a missing 16-year-old female. The missing teenager was believed to be with her 24-yer-old boyfriend, Alexander O’Neil, but police learned the two did not know each other.
Officers discovered O’Neil’s vehicle around 9:15 p.m. near north 42nd Avenue and west Cactus Road.
Phoenix Police confronted the suspect’s parents through a locked iron gate outside the front door. Two gun shots were then heard from inside the house.
Officers entered the house and found the 16-year-old female shot, and O’Neil with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. O’Neil was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim was transported to the hospital where she is in critical condition, and is not expected to survive.
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday
- Officials warn about rabid bats found in Phoenix area
- Suspect arrested for killing man, hiding body at Tolleson farm
- Rainless streak continues for Phoenix after trace amount at Sky Harbor
- MCSO searching for man suspected of killing woman near Goodyear