PHOENIX — Get ready, Phoenix performers, because your time in the spotlight could be soon: “America’s Got Talent” is holding auditions in the Valley of the Sun.
The auditions are open to anyone, regardless what their talent is.
Oh, and we should probably warn you: Expect Simon Cowell of “American Idol” fame to be one of the judges. It was announced in late October that the infamous Brit was taking over for current judge Howard Stern.
NBC has not announced whether the other judges — Howie Mandel, Mel B and Heidi Klum — will return.
Phoenix is one of 12 cities where auditions will be held. Those who miss out can head to several other nearby cities to try their luck on the judges: Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, San Diego and Los Angeles are the closest.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus