Police: Two dead in Phoenix-area home fire
PHOENIX — Two people have been found dead in a Queen Creek home after authorities put out a fire there Wednesday night.
It is not immediately clear how the people died and police have not released their identities.
The city’s Fire Department received reports around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday about a fire at a house near Hawkes and Chandler Heights roads.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained and two people were then discovered dead inside the home.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet that the investigation is continuing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Analysis suggests Phoenix needs more firefighters, would cost $30M to hire
- Phoenix wakes up to second-coldest morning of winter
- Yuma Fire Department saves money by building own ambulance
- Arizona schools to join national gun violence protest after Florida shooting