Police: Two dead in Phoenix-area home fire
PHOENIX — Two people have been found dead in a Queen Creek home after authorities put out a fire there Wednesday night.
It is not immediately clear how the people died and police have not released their identities.
The city’s Fire Department received reports around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday about a fire at a house near Hawkes and Chandler Heights roads.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained and two people were then discovered dead inside the home.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet that the investigation is continuing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Ex-Cardinals kicker Jay Feely selling Phoenix-area home for $2.65 million
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of new nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- ADOT’s online permit test has been used 23,000 times in 3 months
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter