PHOENIX — Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has not announced who he supports for Arizona’s next attorney general, but he has made it clear who he will not be behind.
McCain announced from his Phoenix offices on Friday that he will not be supporting Arizona’s current Attorney General Tom Horne.
When asked by reporters if he would support Horne, McCain simply responded, “No.”
As to why McCain wouldn’t be supporting Horne, his answer was nearly as brief.
“I’m not endorsing the attorney general, or Tom Horne, because I don’t believe that he should be elected,” McCain said.
McCain is the latest Arizona politician to distance himself from Horne, who has been at the center of controversy in recent months.
In June, the Arizona Clean Elections Commission found complaints alleging that Horne had been using his office staff to work on his re-election campaign warranted a full investigation.
Gov. Jan Brewer announced she was not backing Horne on Thursday, but instead would back his opponent, Mark Brnovich.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon