The leaked images of migrant children in a Nogales warehouse have a Glendale family taking action.
Glendale resident Karyn Ogle has created a crowdsourcing effort called “H20 and toys for the Children of Nogales” through the site GoFundMe to raise money for these children.
Being a proud mom of a 5-year-old boy, Ogle said she couldn’t imagine sending her own son out to those conditions.
“They don’t have anybody. They don’t have a parent to comfort them. They barely have water,” she said.
Ogle is taking any kind of donation from money to water, toys, stuffed animals, water and food.
They have been able to raise approximately $1,200 and further hope to raise enough money to provide clothing and essentials such as toothpaste.
She is also working on the possibility of her bringing in the donations to the facility personally.
“I’m putting politics aside and being a bigger person … if this was my child, I would want someone to do this for my child,” she said.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident