It’s that time of year again: Super Bowl time, baby!
And just like we are expecting the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos to be prepared as they battle it out for football’s top spot on Sunday, you are expected to know just what the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on out there on the field.
For those who prefer football food rather than the game itself and can’t tell the difference between a touchback and a touchdown, don’t worry! Here at KTAR News, we took care of all of that for you.
While we do not have the ability to explain all of the rules, plays, records, routes, positions and everything in between in time for the big game, we did give you a couple of pointers and phrases to use so you can at least sound like you know what the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on out there on the field.
So next time you find yourself scratching your head over a call because you were too busy chowing down on Aunt Barb’s famous 5-layer dip and laughing over the funniest Super Bowl commercials, just stand up and say, “Hopefully the Panthers can ‘Rush 4 and drop 7’ on this next play!”
While you might not know what the heck you just said, it might earn you a pat on the back and a couple more minutes of the real reason for the (football) season: eating.
- Pima Community likely to cut football after 2018 season
- Sharper Point: Will Arizona’s next Super Bowl be a win, a wash or a loss?
- Glendale council votes unanimously to back 2023 Super Bowl bid
- Phoenix hopes to score touchdown with another Super Bowl push
- Hamilton High principal, athletic director will not return to school