I’m going to say this right now: You’ll hear this movie pop up a lot in award season.
This movie is an emotional roller coaster. The main focus is Brie Larson’s and Jacob Tremblay’s characters, who we later learn live in a tiny room where they are held captive. Larson’s character was kidnapped and raped. Tremblay is the son that resulted.
“Room” is easily one of the best pictures of the year. Larson and 9-year-old Tremblay combine to form an amazing mother-son relationship onscreen that is really touching to see.
Mark it now: This movie will be up for best picture and Larson will get a nod for best actress.
Bring tissues to this one.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Scottsdale-based Harkins Theatres, others close in response to pandemic
- Phoenix Public Library evolving with e-books, streaming
- KTAR News host Bruce St. James names his top 10 movies of 2019
- Harkins Theatres announces renovations for Avondale location
- Three Arizona stores to participate in Cassette Store Day