James Bond is back and you already know how this is going to go.
Basically, Bond infiltrates a secret meeting, discovers a nefarious organization and finds a beautiful woman to help him along the way. Naturally, he comes across some pretty bad people and some deep personal conflicts.
I would consider myself a fan of the entire James Bond franchise and “Spectre” is one of those ones that lands somewhere in the middle. I would call it average to below-average in regards to some of the others over the years.
As an action film, “Spectre” was pretty good. The parts when things are blowing up are always entertaining, but when it comes time to give the movie substance, you’re kind of left waiting for something interesting to happen.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Arizona Theatre Company postpones 54th season due to coronavirus
- Actor Sean Connery, the ‘original’ James Bond, dies at 90
- Oscar Mayer Wienermobile rolls through the Valley this weekend
- Boo and Brew event returns to Scottsdale Quarter for third year
- Phoenix ZooLights to return with new drive-thru option this season