PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix is looking for input from the public on a downtown transportation study.
The research will be used top suggest roadway, transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. City leaders and planners want to hear from commuters and business owners about how they travel in and around downtown Phoenix on a regular basis and during special events.
“We are looking to make improvements to move people downtown as well as identify and help integrate the additional multi-modal transportation improvements, such as the two additional light rail lines,” said Mark Melnechenko, project manager for the Phoenix Comprehensive Downtown Transportation Study.
People interested in giving input can attend one of two public open houses at the Arizona Commerce Authority first floor reception room, 333 N. Central Ave. The meetings are being held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
At the meetings, staff and consultants will be available to answer questions and solicit comments on the study and ways to improve roads, transit service and mobility for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths