PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix is looking for input from the public on a downtown transportation study.
The research will be used top suggest roadway, transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. City leaders and planners want to hear from commuters and business owners about how they travel in and around downtown Phoenix on a regular basis and during special events.
“We are looking to make improvements to move people downtown as well as identify and help integrate the additional multi-modal transportation improvements, such as the two additional light rail lines,” said Mark Melnechenko, project manager for the Phoenix Comprehensive Downtown Transportation Study.
People interested in giving input can attend one of two public open houses at the Arizona Commerce Authority first floor reception room, 333 N. Central Ave. The meetings are being held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
At the meetings, staff and consultants will be available to answer questions and solicit comments on the study and ways to improve roads, transit service and mobility for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them