PHOENIX — SWAT teams from the Peoria and Glendale Police Departments came together on Friday to train for an active shooter scenario at a high school.
“We acted as though there was an active shooting situation here at a high school, which is anyone’s worst nightmare,” said Amanda Jacinto, spokesperson for the Peoria Police Department. “We feel we need to be prepared because we know things like this can happen, and we’ve seen that in the last year.”
Approximately 40 law enforcement members were involved in the training.
“Having our agencies train together ensures that not only are the teams prepared for situations that may involve a school, but that they operate together to bring about the best outcome to any situation,” Peoria police said in a statement.
The drill took place at Liberty High School in Peoria.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food