A new app, Snapchat, could open a gateway to indecency for its young users.
According to wjactv.com,, Snapchat is a new smartphone app that allows a user to take a picture and immediately send it to a friend, with the photo being deleted from the senders phone.
According to Social media scholar Rey Junco, Snapchat is frequently used as a “sexting” outlet, which is when people text each other nude photos of themselves.
“People think it is better not to put it on Facebook,” said teenager Megan McGowan. “With Snapchat because it automatically erases, there are no consequences,” she said.
Social media experts say that the best way to avoid scenarios such as these is for parents to talk with their kids about the dangers of such actions and not to police what they do, for that could lead to secret accounts and the discovery of more way for kids to do these things in secret.
Junco also said that parents should try to build a strong relation ship with their kids and “if you want to see what is going on in their social media: ask them.”
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns