A new app, Snapchat, could open a gateway to indecency for its young users.
According to wjactv.com,, Snapchat is a new smartphone app that allows a user to take a picture and immediately send it to a friend, with the photo being deleted from the senders phone.
According to Social media scholar Rey Junco, Snapchat is frequently used as a “sexting” outlet, which is when people text each other nude photos of themselves.
“People think it is better not to put it on Facebook,” said teenager Megan McGowan. “With Snapchat because it automatically erases, there are no consequences,” she said.
Social media experts say that the best way to avoid scenarios such as these is for parents to talk with their kids about the dangers of such actions and not to police what they do, for that could lead to secret accounts and the discovery of more way for kids to do these things in secret.
Junco also said that parents should try to build a strong relation ship with their kids and “if you want to see what is going on in their social media: ask them.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets