PHOENIX — Southwest Airlines has gone all in to lure customers — the airline launched a sale that features round trips that could top out at around $100 or twice that for international bookings.
The 72-hour sale began early Tuesday. One-way fares start as low as $49. Trips from Phoenix at that price include nonstop flights to Las Vegas, Nevada; Los Angeles, California and San Diego, California.
Dates cover Nov. 30 through Dec. 20 and Jan. 4 through Feb. 15 and can be any day but Fridays and Saturdays.
The Texas-based airlines has limited the low end of the sale to its shorter routes. The price then jumps to $79 and $99. From Phoenix, travelers can get to Dallas, Texas and San Francisco, California for less than $80 one way.
Getting to Reno, Nevada; Austin, Texas and Seattle, Washington from Phoenix pushes close to $100.
The international offerings were more restricted. A one-trip trip to the Bahamas was $135 from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The cheapest route to Montego Bay, Jamaica was $180 from Orlando, Florida. Costa Rica was $178 from Los Angeles.
The sale prices were in effect for Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The international flights must be booked for Nov. 30 through Dec. 13 and Jan. 10 through March 2.
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Country music star Shania Twain bringing ‘Now’ tour to Phoenix
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later