PHOENIX — Travelers looking for something to do while they wait for their flight or to be picked up will be able to pass the time in a more enjoyable way at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Arizona Lottery announced it will be debuting a retail site at the airport on Thursday.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will open up the new area at the baggage claim on Level 1 in Terminal 4 on the north side.
The Arizona Lottery airport space will offer the full array of Lottery products currently in market, and will also feature a vending machine for purchases of scratchers and draw games.
Arizona Lottery Executive Director Gregg Edgar, owner of the Arizona Cardinals Michael Bidwill and a Sky Harbor Airport representative will kick off the ribbon-cutting event at 11 a.m., while music and an opportunity to win prizes will follow.
Those in attendance will also get an exclusive look at the new Arizona Cardinals Scratchers tickets, which will be available to purchase in September.
- Report of break-in ends with police shooting suspect
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Maricopa County was fastest-growing county in US from 2016-2017
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction