PHOENIX — There will be multiple freeway restrictions and closures over the weekend in the Phoenix area.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced a travel advisory for Aug. 19-22.
ADOT recommends drivers allow for extra travel time and to use caution when driving on the freeways this weekend.
Here are the scheduled restrictions:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between Chaparral Road and Via De Ventura from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, while the HOV lane will also be closed between Via De Ventura and Shea Boulevard. Northbound Loop 101 right merge lanes, the on- and off-ramps between Chaparral and Indian Bend roads will be closed until 10 p.m. Friday. The northbound ramps at McDonald Drive and the on-ramp at Indian Bend Road will also be closed.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between the Interstate 17 “Stack” and the State Route 51 “Mini-Stack” interchange will both be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 at the Stack will be closed. Eastbound I-10 will be narrowed to two lanes near Loop 303 from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Westbound I-10 will be closed between the I-17 “Split” interchange near Sky Harbor Aiport and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday. Southbound SR-51 ramp to westbound I-10 will also be closed.
- I-10 will be narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Baseline and Guadalupe roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday.
- Eastbound U.S. 60 will be narrowed to two lanes east of Dobson Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted