PHOENIX — Like most other weekends, several highways and roadways in the Phoenix-area are scheduled to be closed for construction and improvement projects.
Avoid bad luck and other omens by taking note of the following Phoenix-area roadway closures during the weekend of Friday, May 13, per the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Shea Boulevard and Via de Ventura in Scottsdale area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt paving.
– Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Cactus Road will also be closed.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be closed at Dysart Road from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for installation of overhead message sign and equipment.
– Westbound I-10 on-ramps at Dysart Road and Avondale Boulevard will also be closed.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for interchange construction.
• Eastbound US 60 ramp to northbound Loop 101 in Tempe will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Sunday for paving.
– Eastbound US 60 on-ramp at McClintock Drive will also be closed.
• Northbound State Route 51 will be narrowed to two lanes between Camelback and Bethany Home roads from 4 a.m. to noon Saturday for overhead message sign work.
• Loop 101 will be temporarily closed in both directions between 75th Avenue and Union Hills Drive from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday for Cox Communications utility work. Freeway ramps in the area will also be closed.
• Northbound Interstate 17 rolling closures will occur at times overnight near Jomax and Pioneer roads from 11 p.m. Saturday to 3 a.m. Sunday for overhead message board work.
• Northbound Loop 303 off-ramp at El Mirage Road will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Saturday for construction.
- Arizona schools chief says K-12 education in state is ‘improving’
- Senior facility near ASU’s Tempe campus to break ground next month
- Local windows company finds new headquarters near Sky Harbor
- Nearly 22K push for political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Border Patrol arrests humanitarian group volunteer in southern Arizona