Three Arizona breweries took home awards in the 2016 World Beer Cup competition at a ceremony Friday night.
Four Peaks Brewing Company from Tempe won a gold medal for its Kilt Lifter Scottish-style ale. It is Four Peaks’ fourth medal in the World Beer Cup but the first for its flagship beer.
Chandler’s SanTan Brewing Company earned a silver for its Mr. Pineapple beer in the fruit wheat beer category while Flagstaff’s Lumberyard won a bronze for its Knotty Pine Pale Ale, which was entered in the American-style pale ale category. Lumberyard took on 167 entries in the category, the third-largest of the competition that included 96 total styles of beer.
The World Beer Cup, which occurs every two years, calls itself the “most prestigious beer competition in the world.”
A full list of winners in the event — 6,596 beers entered from 1,907 breweries in the 2016 World Beer Cup — can be found here.
- SanTan Brewing Company goes outside the keg, unveils spirits
- Cheers to four Arizona breweries that won medals at World Beer Cup
- SanTan Brewing Company to open Phoenix location next year
- Huss Brewing Company expanding in Tempe, releasing new IPA
- Arizona beers score big in 2015 Great American Beer Festival