Labor Day traffic clogs southbound I-17 as drivers return to metro Phoenix
PHOENIX — If you’re making your way back from the high country, you’re not alone.
The Arizona Department of Transportation reported traffic was starting to back up Interstate 17 southbound around noon.
There was a disabled vehicle blocking the right lane near Camp Verde, but that was cleared around 2:30 p.m.
The northbound lanes are not affected.
Drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes when returning to the metro Phoenix area and other locations.
According to ADOT, there is also congestion on State Route 179 and State Route 260.
North of State Route 69 near Prescott between mileposts 270 and 263 is also experiencing slowing
There is no estimated time for the congestion to clear.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Overnight I-17, I-10 closures scheduled this week in Phoenix
- Saturday morning crash causes delays on northbound I-17 near Anthem
- State Route 51 northbound reopens at Shea Boulevard exit following crash
- Northbound SR 51 opened near Bethany Home Road after crash
- Labor Day weekend DUI arrests down in Arizona compared to 2019