Police recover body in Tempe Town Lake in possible drowning
PHOENIX — Authorities recovered a body in Tempe Town Lake on Wednesday afternoon.
Tempe police said officers responded to the lake for a possible drowning around 1 p.m and found a dead man in the water.
“The male body was near the pedestrian foot bridge just to the east on the north part of the lake,” Natalie Barela, a detective with Tempe police, told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
Barela said it was too early to determine whether foul play was involved.
Police said no further information about the man’s identity is available.
Detectives were on scene investigating the incident.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ashley Flood contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 1-year-old boy pulled from Glendale pool in critical condition
- 1-year-old boy in critical condition after being pulled from Phoenix pool
- Self-driving Waymo van, 2nd vehicle collide in Tempe
- 20-month-old boy dies after being pulled from Chandler pool
- Suspicious vehicle in Tempe found to be full of ambulance supplies