PHOENIX — Drivers in the Phoenix area will face a handful of closures on the freeways this weekend.
Several closures are expected to take place Friday through early Monday morning on many of the main freeways in the Valley.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced the closures and restrictions. ADOT recommends drivers allow for extra travel time and to consider alternate routes.
Here is what is scheduled to take place on the Phoenix area roadways starting Friday:
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Watson Road and State Route 85 from 10 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday for resurfacing. Westbound I-10 off- and on-ramps at Miller Road will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday. Westbound I-10 ramp to southbound SR 85 and the northbound SR 85 ramp to westbound I-10 will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday. Westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 will be closed from 5-11 a.m. Saturday.
• Eastbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane in areas between Loop 303 and Sarival Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for asphalt paving. Southbound Loop 303 ramp to eastbound I-10 will be closed from 11 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
• Westbound Loop 202 will be closed between Greenfield and McDowell/Gilbert roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for asphalt paving. Westbound Loop 202 connection to westbound Pecos Road will be closed at I-10 from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday for power line work, while both ramps in the same area will also be closed.
• Eastbound Loop 202 will be closed between Loop 101/Price Road and Cooper Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday for sign installation.
For additional freeway-restriction information, click here and look under “ADOT News.”
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts