Travel + Leisure resumed their America’s favorite places survey, and Arizona had one of their towns make the cut.
The 30 towns ranked for America’s favorite towns included Sedona, barely making the cut at No. 30.
Travel + Leisure had high praise for the town’s parks, coffee and more.
This Arizona town scored highly for its red-rock-lined parks, such as the hike-friendly areas around Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, or Oak Creek Canyon. They’re all known for mystical vortexes of energy—which might explain how the town also scored well for free attractions. Readers also liked Sedona’s galleries and boutiques—namely, the art and jewelry found along Highway 89A, or in the Mexican-style arts and crafts market Tlaquepaque (say it “t-lockey-pockey”). For a different kind of spiritual energy, enjoy some of the town’s high-scoring coffee, like the single-origin brews from Indian Gardens Café in Oak Creek Canyon.
Sedona was unable to beat out nearby towns in neighboring states such as Aspen, Colorado, Laguna Beach, California, and Park City, Utah, which earned the top spot.
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham