Travel + Leisure resumed their America’s favorite places survey, and Arizona had one of their towns make the cut.
The 30 towns ranked for America’s favorite towns included Sedona, barely making the cut at No. 30.
Travel + Leisure had high praise for the town’s parks, coffee and more.
This Arizona town scored highly for its red-rock-lined parks, such as the hike-friendly areas around Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, or Oak Creek Canyon. They’re all known for mystical vortexes of energy—which might explain how the town also scored well for free attractions. Readers also liked Sedona’s galleries and boutiques—namely, the art and jewelry found along Highway 89A, or in the Mexican-style arts and crafts market Tlaquepaque (say it “t-lockey-pockey”). For a different kind of spiritual energy, enjoy some of the town’s high-scoring coffee, like the single-origin brews from Indian Gardens Café in Oak Creek Canyon.
Sedona was unable to beat out nearby towns in neighboring states such as Aspen, Colorado, Laguna Beach, California, and Park City, Utah, which earned the top spot.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona State Troopers Association president: Pay raises will up staffing
- Arizona ending federal unemployment booster, offering return-to-work bonus
- Liaison rebuffs Hobbs’ concerns over audit process in Maricopa County
- Arizona DPS providing security to Secretary Hobbs over threats
- Cinco de Mayo weekend DUI arrests in Arizona up over previous years