Before I get started, let me tell you: I really wanted to like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. I mean, I REALLY wanted to like this movie.
I went into what was anticipated to be the most epic DC Comics adaptation of 2016 with high hopes — and maybe that’s where I went wrong.
Now, before all the superhero fanatics rip my head off, here’s a full disclosure: I’m not a comic book fan. I know, I know, I just could never get into them. And maybe that’s what hurt me in this movie.
However, I have watched my fair share of both Batman and Superman movies, but Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was lost on me. I just didn’t understand why they were so mad at one another.
The movie follows the dilemma of citizens in both Metropolis — Superman’s home — and Gotham — Batman’s, well, kingdom — as they try to determine if their superheroes are really all that super.
Long story short: Batman v. Superman is a superhero movie that needs to be saved.
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- Second weekend for ‘Black Panther’ is one of the best ever
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office