Before I get started, let me tell you: I really wanted to like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. I mean, I REALLY wanted to like this movie.
I went into what was anticipated to be the most epic DC Comics adaptation of 2016 with high hopes — and maybe that’s where I went wrong.
Now, before all the superhero fanatics rip my head off, here’s a full disclosure: I’m not a comic book fan. I know, I know, I just could never get into them. And maybe that’s what hurt me in this movie.
However, I have watched my fair share of both Batman and Superman movies, but Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was lost on me. I just didn’t understand why they were so mad at one another.
The movie follows the dilemma of citizens in both Metropolis — Superman’s home — and Gotham — Batman’s, well, kingdom — as they try to determine if their superheroes are really all that super.
Long story short: Batman v. Superman is a superhero movie that needs to be saved.
- Surrounded by scandal, Globes turn to old favs & fresh faces
- ‘Coco’ tops box office again before ‘Star Wars’ hits
- Phoenix Comicon to feature ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ stars
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots