PHOENIX — It’s good to plan a big meeting in Arizona’s capital. Over a half-dozen metro Phoenix hotels landed on a top 100 hotel list for business meetings.
The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa in Scottsdale led the Valley entries, ranked No. 12. Virginia-based tech company Cvent, which provides sofware in event planning and management, said it spent a year appraising thousands of places in its network.
Next up was the Fairmont Scottsdale at No. 26. That was a move of six spots up for the resort from last year’s ranking.
The JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort and Spa made the biggest advance of the locals on the list. The retreat north of Scottsdale leaped 12 places to No. 28.
Criteria in the judging included major metropolitan market share, number of meeting rooms, sleeping rooms and total meeting spaces.
Hotels had to have at least 10 meeting rooms to qualify.
Cvent’s database is filled with over 218,000 hotels and event venues.
The Omni Nashville Hotel was No. 1. It was third a year ago.
The Orlando area had the most places with 14. Chicago and Las Vegas had 10 apiece.
- How many people in Arizona made Forbes’ 2018 list of billionaires?
- Hate crimes continue to strike minority communities in the Valley
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade
- ‘Hamilton’ run at ASU Gammage pumps more than $50M into economy